Monday, October 5, 2009

Of two minds

I have been thinking about airships again and realizing that I did nothing to think about airship battles or chases. Part of me wants to define such things because, that part of my mind says, it'll be important and cool and thus needs to be defined so everyone knows just how important such battles are.

The other part of my mind says that of course this stuff doesn't need to be defined because ship-to-ship battles played out on the board are totally disruptive to immersion and really step out of the game play, often give players little to do, and really bog a RPG down in a miniatures battle only a few people will like.

Both of which seem to have some grains of truth.

What do do? Do any of y'all actually know of some siple rules to steal inspire me if I do go that route?