Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zamoran encounter tables... sort of.

So, I was thinking about putting together a set of random encounter tables for Zamora, when I went back and reviewed my copy of City Encounters by Matt Finch and I realized that I could just steal that. Matt's tables are filled with nice surprises, hints of background, and tables of names and NPC traits. I had purchased downloads of City Encounters and Eldritch Weirdness, Volume 1 back when I ordered my copy of the Sword and Wizardry Whitebox Edition from Lulu, and with a little modification (mostly to names and flavor to fit Athanor), these can easily become my encounter tables for Athanor.

I like Matt's tables much more than Gygax's encounter tables in the AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide. The tables there were heavy on scary monsters and lethal encounters, which seem out of place in a Swords and Wizardry White Box Edition game. Now, I need to work on organizing encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print