Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Map: Underground Library

This is the dungeon I used for my game on Sunday, March 17th. This was the inaugural session of the Mars game, and my players really enjoyed diving back into B/X gaming. Most had cut their teeth on 1st or 2nd edition D&D, and we ran through most of the dungeon not concealed by secret doors. The party of 1st-level  The monetary treasure was too high, but the game is showing some real promise, and it allowed me to set up players' hesitation to hand over the books, and some concern about what is really going on.

I forgot to mark areas 6 and 6a -- they are on the middle of the eastern edge of the map -- the arrow points to North.

5 comments:

  1. This is very cool. Just enough detail to allow someone to run this off-the-cuff, just enough color to set it apart from a run-of-the-mill crawl without being ridiculously out there.

    Well done. I'm borrowing a couple things for a GW game, I think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved iso graph paper. Since I found a website that allows me to specify and print it, I have started doing most of my maps in this perspective. It just looks so awesome. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you mind sharing that website? I've never seen this type of graph paper before, and I'm amazed. It makes me want to experiment...

      Delete
    2. Im so sorry I didnt see your reply earlier. Here is one of the websites I use for iso graph paper:
      http://www.printablepaper.net/category/isometric_graph

      There are plenty others, and some sites let you create your own graph paper.

      Delete
  3. If the One Page Dungeon Contest is running this year, you ought to enter this.

    ReplyDelete

Print