Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My rules my way.


I like small, easily accessible rules. So my play copy of Athanor is in a set of little digest-size booklets. Though I had originally started with the ideas of one or two books, I have now done the rules in 6 booklets: Character Creation Rules, Magic, World, DM stuff, and a book of tables.

I bought a plastic set of portable stacking cases at Target for 7 o 8 bucks that nicely fits all my Old School and OSR digest-size booklets that I made, printed, or purchased. It holds a crapload of little booklets, and the top compartment holds Athanor booklets, my Deck of Stuff, a printout of the Esoteric Creature Generator, Matt Finch's city encounters, dice, pens, and a small notebook.


You can see all the stuff I cram i the top (Athanor) compartment:



The rules are, like I said, divided in books so one can loook up rules as needed, with multiple players simultaneously searching through the books. they're lacking in art, OGL declarations, and much fluff text. Here they are all at once.






2 comments:

  1. Nice! If you pick up the hardcopy of Chgowiz's Swords & Wizardry Reference Sheets (or print it), it'll fit nicely in there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it will. In fact, I have Chgowiz' reference sheets in one of the lower bins, where I have my printouts of the LBBs, most of the supplements, Carcosa, trimmed versions of the S&W rules (standard and white box) and adventures by Melan and James Raggi...

    But the Athanor reference booklet covers much of the same ground, plus has my own house ruled tables and some tables Chgowiz doesn't include. I basically round up every table in my Savage Swords of Athanor rules in one little booklet.

    ReplyDelete

Print