Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Appendix N

Zach's "what is your appendix N" meme is making the rounds, asking people to list their version of Gygax's Appendix N: Inspirational and Educational Reading in the AD&D Dungeon Master Guide. I decided that I wanted in on that action, especially since I think doing the exercise will help me think about my influences and directions for Athanor:

Books
Burroughs, Edgar Rice: the Barsoom and Pellucidar novels
Herbert, Frank: the Dune trilogy
Howard, Robert E. : Almuric, the Solomon Kane stories
Leiber, Fritz: the Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser series
Lovecraft, H.P.: the Cthulhu mythos
Wolfe, Gene: Book of the New Sun

Comics
Dahm, Evan: Rice Boy
Foglio, Phil and Kaja: Girl Genius
Grell, Mike: Warlord
Mignola, Mike: Hellboy

TV & Movies
Thundarr the Barbarian
Pirates of Darkwater